Auctions for IPL 2013 are on its way and here are the IPL 2013 players and the amount for which they were brought by the franchises. The jackpots of today’s auction went for Glenn Maxwell, Kane Richardson, Chris Morris and Ajantha Mendis. The key misses of the day who went unsold are Vernon Philander, Doug Bollinger, Herschelle Gibbs, Aaron Finch and Adam Voges. Let’s see how the auctions went and who got sold for how much.
- Ricky Ponting the former Australian captain was brought by Mumbai Indians for his base price $400,000.
- Indian left arm bowler, RP Singh was brought for $400,000 by Royal challengers Bangalore its 4 times his base price of $100,000.
- Johan Botha, the former South African T20 captain and who was part of Rajasthan Royals in the earlier editions of the tournament was now brought by Delhi Daredevils for $450,000. He is a very useful all-rounder and can bat up the order. He has been one of the best performers for Royals earlier.
- Best batsmen of 2012, the Australian Captain Michael Clarke was sold out for Pune Warriors for the base price and its surprise for all the cricketing world.
- Luke Pomersbach, who had a good Big Bash League was grabbed by King 1X Punjab for $300,000 which is 6 times his base price and that’s a good buy though knowing the hitting capability of the player.
- Philip Hughes, who is playing well for Australia in his second coming in place of the retired Ponting, was taken by Mumbai Indians for the base price of $100,000.
- Australian all-rounder James Faulkner who had a super Big Bash League as captain of Melbourne Stars, was taken by Rajasthan Royals for $400,000 which is 4 times his base price of $100,000.
- The pick of the auction and the first million dollar baby of the day is Glenn Maxwell and he has been taken by Mumbai Indians for a whopping $1,000,000 which is 5 times of his base price. The off spinner is capable of turning matches by his own with both ball and bat.
- Anil Kumble, the chief mentor of Mumbai Indians have later justified the buy that he is a very useful player under the conditions.
- Another Australian all-rounder Moises Henriques was brought by Royal Challengers Bangalore for three times of his base price of $100,000.
- Abhishek Nayar, the key performer of Mumbai’s Ranji trophy win this year is brought by Pune Warriors for $650,000.
- Sri Lankan all-rounder, Thissara Perera who is known for his good hitting was grabbed by Sunrisers Hyderabad for %650,000.
- This is also the first by for Sunrisers in today’s auction. New Zealand all-rounder Jesse Ryder, who is not part of his national team can feel better now as he was taken by Delhi Daredevils for $260,000.
- West Indian captain Darren Sammy was taken by Sunrisers Hyderabad for $425,000 and the Saurashtra left-arm bowler Jaydev Unadkat was grabbed by Royal Challengers Bangalore for $525,000.
- Punjab fast bowler Pankaj Singh, was taken by Royal Challengers Bangalore for $150,000 and they have also went for West Indian medium fast bowler Ravi Rampaul.
- Manpreet Gony was taken by Kings 1X Punjab for %500,000.
- West Indian fast bowler Fidel Edwards was taken by Rajasthan Royals for $210,000.
- Sudeep Tyagi, who earlier played for Chennai Super Kings, was now taken by Sunrisers for $100,000.
- Sri Lankan mystery spinner Ajantha Mendis was grabbed by Pune Warriors for a whooping amount of $750,000 which is way bigger than his base price of $50,000.
- Australian fast bowler Dirk Nannes was taken by Chennai Super Kings for $600,000
- New Zealand spinner Nathan McCullum was taken by Sunrisers Hyderabad for the base price of $100,000.
- Sri Lankan middle order batsman and the leg spinner Jeevan Mendis was taken by Delhi Daredevils for the base price of $50,000.
- South African hitter Chris Morris who just played on international T20, was taken by Chennai Super Kings for a whooping amount of $625,000 whose base price is just $20,000. Its almost 32 times of his base price and he should be surprised to see the price he was brought for.
- Another Sri Lankan mystery spinner Sachithra Senanayake who just played 7 ODI matches was taken by Kolkata Knight Riders for $625,000 who base price is just $50,000. This is also a surprise for the cricketing world.
- West Indian all-rounder Christopher Barnwell was taken for $50,000 which is also his base price by Royal Challengers Bangalore.
- Nathan Coulter-Nile, who had a good Big Bash League was taken by Mumbai Indians for $450,000.
- Australian medium fast bowler Ben Laughlin was taken by Chennai Super Kings for his base price of $20,000.
- Another surprise of the auction is the Australian fast bowler Jane Richardson who base price is $100,000 went for $700,000 to Pune Warriors.
- The big New Zealand all-rounder Jacob Oram was taken by Mumbai Indians for his base price of $50,000.
- South African wicket keeper Quinton de Kock, was taken by Sunrisers for $20,000 which is also his base price.
- Australian all-rounder Dan Christian who went for $700,000 in the last season for Hyderabad was now taken by Royal Challengers Bangalore for just $100,000 which is his base price.
- Another Sri Lankan mystery spinner Akila Dananjaya was taken by Chennai Super Kings for his base price of $20,000.
- South African all-rounder Ryan McLaran, who was part of Mumbai Indians earlier was now part of Kolkata Knight Riders and was brought by $50,000.
- Sri Lankan wicket keeper Kushal Perera was brought for $20,000 by Rajasthan Royals.
You will be surprised most by seeing the list of unsold players and the list includes, Aaron Finch, who had a good Big Bash League recently, Martin Guptil who scored a match winning century in a T20 match against South Africa.
The list also contains Harschelle Gibbs, Adam Voges who are both very good hitters of the ball and can win the matches single handedly.
Matt Prior, Matthew Wade, Darren Bravo, Upul Tharanga, Tim Paine, Kaushal Silva, Prasanna Jayawardene, Dane Vilas, Denesh Ramdin, Ravi Bopara, James Hopes.
The list also includes the match winning bowlers like Vernon Plilander, Doug Bollinger, Rory Kleinveldt, Ben Cutting.
Others in the list include Cameron Boyce, Veerasammy Permaul, Suraj Randiv, Devendra Bishoo, Steve O’Keefe, Paul Harris, Rangana Herath, Sulieman Benn, Aaron Phangiso, Farveez Maharoof, Scott Styris, Josh Hazlewood, Travis Birt, Henry Davids, Ben Rohrer, Rilee Rossouw, Kevin O’Brien.
With most of the teams buying the players who fulfill their requirements, I can’t wait to the series to get start..Comments: